Help yourself while helping others — VOLUNTEER! SCA is the local sponsor of RSVP, the Retired & Senior Volunteer Program, America’s largest volunteer network for people age 55 and over. RSVP offers a variety of meaningful and rewarding opportunities in Florence County.
Use your experience, talents and gifts to help others in need. You can teach someone how to read, serve a healthy meal to a homebound senior, assist adults who are experiencing financial difficulty or other problems, nurture a child who’s feeling frightened and alone, provide care for an abandoned pet, drive a veteran or cancer patient to a medical appointment ... the opportunities are as endless as the need in our community.
Please take a few moments to look through this partial list of RSVP volunteer partners. We are here to help you find the right partner and volunteer opportunity for you and your lifestyle.
- Amedysis Communty Hospice
- American Cancer Society
- American Red Cross
- Carolinas Hospital System
- Dorn VA Medical Center (DAV Volunteer Driver)
- Florence Area Humane Society
- Florence Area Literacy Council
- Florence County Guardian Ad Litem Program
- Florence County Library
- Gibbs Community Center in Pamplico
- Harvest Hope Food Bank
- Lake City Senior Center
- Leatherman Senior Center
- Lighthouse Ministries
- Manna House
- McLeod Health
- Meals On Wheels - church groups and individuals volunteer to package and/or deliver meals
- Mercy Medicine Clinic
- Pee Dee Coalition
- Senior Citizens Association
- United States District Court
- 12th Judicial Circuit Arbitration
For information on volunteer opportunities, contact Pamela Jacobs at (843) 669-6761 ext. 226, via email at email@example.com or visit the RSVP offce at the Leatherman Senior Center.